* Starred items are required.
NOTE: If you wish to share these data sets with others, we encourage individuals to request their own data set access link.
Data User Agreement
- Data Recipient (Recipient):
- Data Provider (Provider): Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative (CAHMI), The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Population, Family & Reproductive Health, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205
Data Set (or Data): DRC Indicator Refined Data Set for:
- National Survey of Children’s Health: 2017 (Topical), 2016-2017 (Topical – 2 years combined), 2016 (Topical), 2011/12, 2007, 2003-2007 (2 years combined), and 2003.
- National Survey of Children’s Health: 2009/10 (Merged Interview File), 2005-06 (Merged Interview File), and 2001 (Merged Interview File)
- Ownership: CAHMI is the owner of this Data Set.
- Public Benefit: CAHMI wants this Data Set to be utilized for the public benefit to the fullest extent possible.
Terms and Conditions
- Data Provider: is not obligated to provide upgrades to the Data Set or technical support beyond assistance in installing the Data Set.
- Pemitted Use: Recipient may use the Data Set for non-commercial purposes, including but not limited to, academic, research, program planning, or program evaluation. Recipient agrees to establish appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to prevent unauthorized use of or access to the Data. Recipient agrees to use the Data in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, as well as all professional standards applicable to such research.
- Non-permitted Uses: Recipient may not
- Make any effort to determine the identity of any reported case in the Data Set;
- Disclose or make use of the identity of any person or establishment discovered inadvertently, and will advise the Director, National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) or US Census Bureau (depending on the survey year) of any such discovery;
- Link this Data Set with individually identifiable data from any other Data Sets;
- Sell or license of the Data Set, temporarily or permanently, without written consent of Data Provider.
- Remove, modify, alter or obscure the copyright notices or any other proprietary notices contained in or on the Data Set;
- Sell derivative works based on the Data Set.
- Publications: Recipient agrees to acknowledge the Provider with appropriate citations in any publications or presentations using results from this Data Set. The suggested citation is:
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES: Except as provided below or prohibited by law, any Data delivered pursuant to this Agreement is understood to be provided “AS IS.” PROVIDER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTENDS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE USE OF THE DATA WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Notwithstanding, Provider, to the best of its knowledge and belief, has the right and authority to provide the Data to Recipient for use in the Project.
- Liability: Except to the extent prohibited by law, the Recipient assumes all liability for damages which may arise from its use, storage, disclosure, or disposal of the Data. The Provider will not be liable to the Recipient for any loss, claim, or demand made by the Recipient, or made against the Recipient by any other party, due to or arising from the use of the Data by the Recipient, except to the extent permitted by law when caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Provider. No indemnification for any loss, claim, damage, or liability is intended or provided by either party under this Agreement.
- Complete Agreement: This Data Use Agreement is a complete and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions of the agreement between Data Provider and Data Recipient.
Please confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions by typing your first and last name below.