Compare Data Across State Maps
The US state maps below compare each state’s performance to the national average on key child health indicators from the National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH) and National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (NS-CSHCN).
1. Click on any topic of interest below.
2. Click on your state(s) of interest to compare performance on the indicator.
3. You can also access US state ranking maps from previous years of the NSCH and NS-CSHCN.
There are many other ways to view state-specific data using the DRC:
- View the DRC's data snapshots to see child health indicators on one state profile.
- Use the DRC's interactive data query to access state-specific data for hundreds of health indicators. The data query allows users to sub-populate state-level results by a variety of demographic indicators such as race/ethnicity, income, sex, etc.
- Use the School-Based Health Alliance's Children's Health and Education mapping tool to examine the characteristics of school-based health centers, child demographics, and child health indicators, using state and local-level data from multiple sources.