Welcome to the DRC!
We are a free, national resource for data on children and families' health and health care quality. We work closely with the Maternal and Child Health Bureau to make these resources available.
What can I do on the DRC website?
Access information and analysis resources on the following surveys:
Don’t know which survey you are interested in? Check out our side-by-side comparison of surveys or our quick content maps to see what topics the surveys cover.
Search for and compare real-time national and state findings for over 200 child and family health indicators:
- Use our interactive query tool to compare multiple geographic regions at a time and dissect data by key sub-populations such as child’s age, race/ethnicity, gender, household income, and insurance status
- View interactive, customizable, and downloadable data snapshots, reports, and state maps that compare your state to the national average for a variety of child and family health topics
- Dive deeper into highlighted health topics with our special topics data portals—here you can obtain data, definitions, methods, and actionable tools for key topics and initiatives such as the Medical Home, Systems Improvement, and Healthy People 2020.
Learn how to apply data to your work:
- Discover how to put the data into action. See how state and family leaders, academic researchers and students, state and federal governments, doctors and other health professionals, and child health advocates are using these findings.
- Request a free dataset and codebook from us so you can examine the surveys/datasets in detail and run your own analyses.
- Get expert help by e-mailing us your questions.
Quick guides to searching data on the DRC
- Quick Guide to Searching the Data: What steps do I take to begin a data query, start a new search or change topics once I'm on a data results page? This step-by-step guide visually shows how to use the interactive data query for browsing data from the NSCH and the NS-CSHCN.
- Quick Guide to Comparing All States: A one page step-by-step guide for how to access survey results for all states simultaneously where you can also sort the results based on your data point of interest.
Still not sure what survey or health topics are best for your needs? Visit our survey overview page for information on all surveys, data topics, and regions available on the DRC. You can also view our list of other child health data resources and similar organizations aiming to improve children’s health and healthcare.